Skip to main content

Thinking about going to community college for Sonography after my Bachelor's Degree and Master's Degree.

Hey everybody! Obvious newbie here. I am thinking about going into Sonography - either Cardiac Sonography, OB/GYN, possibly Vascular. I am currently in nursing school and have discovered this is just not my niche and I feel like I'm really struggling more than the average nursing student. I have a Bachelor of Applies Arts Degree in Human Development and Family Studies and a Master's of Science Degree in Health Administration. I would go to a community college here in my home state to complete this degree/licensure. I want to remain in the medical field as I do like that part of my life and current job I work in the Emergency Department. A couple of questions I have is:

- What am I looking at in terms of school wise (how many years would I have) combined with my Bachelor and Master's Degree?

- Any body with a nursing background here that felt that same as I do/did that went the sonography route?

- Will I be employable anywhere? I.E. is there demand for sonographers now and in the future?

Thank you in advance!

submitted by /u/sunnydaze8
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/mh92ik/thinking_about_going_to_community_college_for/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/