Skip to main content

Career change to Rad Tech

Hi all! I am considering going back to school for a 2 yr Rad Tech program. I have been out of school and working in finance for 15 years. Finance is a career that I sort of fell into after obtaining a liberal arts degree. While I am thankful for my career and it has paid my bills, for a variety of reasons it has left me unfulfilled and wanting to make a career change for the 2nd half of my working life.

After doing some soul searching, I feel that Rad Tech would be a fit for me - in that it is meaningful work, working with technology, learning hard skills, and helping people. The research I’ve done also points towards it being a stable career with job prospects.

Needless to say, I’m somewhat nervous about leaving my current position to go back to school during this crazy economic time. Am I crazy for wanting to do this? For you all that are Rad Techs - what has been your experience? What do you enjoy about your career and what do you struggle with? For anyone that has made a 2nd half career switch into Rad Tech - what has your experience been?

Excuse the plethora of questions- I’m just really hoping to gain some perspective and advice!

submitted by /u/jtamale
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/kkd7eh/career_change_to_rad_tech/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/