Skip to main content

Radiology Elective Ideas?

Hi everyone,

I'm a current final year med student in the UK, and I've been wanting to go into radiology for a good while. I have my elective coming up in March, for which my plans to go to Brazil, Australia, the USA and Italy for a radiology placement, and my plans to stay in the UK/my home institution for a radiology placement have all flopped because of COVID.

I am certain that radiology is the career for me. I have already done a student choice module in it, I have co-founded the radiology society at my uni, I have some research experience in the field (and some coding experience), so I think I have a reasonably strong case for 'commitment to field' when it comes to applying for jobs a couple of years down the line.

However, I am desperate to end up with a radiology placement for my elective, either in-person or virtual, either clinical or research-based, anywhere in the world this coming April.

As a last ditch attempt to figure out if there are any other avenues I can take to organise ANYTHING radiology related, I decided to post here. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks to everyone in advance, and I look forward to hopefully being your colleague in the next few years.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so mods, feel free to remove this if it's not.

submitted by /u/MadeYaReadThis
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/klc8x5/radiology_elective_ideas/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/