Skip to main content

Toxic work area

Here is what is going on in the short version of it all: I work for a very busy decent size ortho office and i take X-rays for them, i also help out the MA’s and nurses when needed, as does most of my coworkers. I’ve worked for this company for almost a year now. My company was bought out by a large health system in 2019 and therefore we have been going through some changes. Our office has combined with the suite next door to us (literally right down the hall...) and we are now operating as one unit, suite A102 and B102. We have all fallen in line and we are all Scheduled to work in multiple different areas, including working xray for the docs in A102.

Now here is where i get to what is really going on.... i work with a woman, let’s call her Karen. Karen has worked for my office for 5 years and has a major issue rotating to other areas. She doesn’t feel as though she needs to rotate because she has “seniority.” đŸ™„ For whatever reason my manager (who is very business minded and has zero clinical experience) puts the schedule out every week and each week Karen gets to stay in 1 spot while the rest of us go literally everywhere.

Fast forward to 4 months ago. My boss hired a nurse supervisor and she has been doing the schedule. Knowing the benefit it would make for the entire clinic to have everyone cross trained, she schedules Karen in a different work area on of the days next week. Karen sees the schedule And FREAKS OUT. Swearing, and just down right acting stupid. Now, Karen has never really been a huge fan of me, for whatever reason. So I usually like to mind my own business and stay out of her way. For some reason I heard that she has an issue with me because she believes I Complained about her not rotating like everyone else does, and that’s why management put her in our rotation. For the record I did not say anything to management!!! She doesn’t talk to me, and when she does she’s merry condescending and rude. I spoke to both my bosses at I ask how I can address the situation or at the very least learn to cope with this going forward if she indeed holds a grudge. They had no good advice...

Any advice on how to deal with a toxic coworker? She loves everyone I think except me.

My husband and I are staring Foster Care next week and I will going part time thankfully! But I would like advice for the days I’m literally stuck with for 8 hours straight in the small Tech area EVER.

Thanks guys!

submitted by /u/radgirl2486
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/kmtjz7/toxic_work_area/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/