Skip to main content

Liver Hemangioma Ultrasound

Hi all...I’m just a lay person in need of some ease in worries/advice. On Nov 4th I went to the ER with some stomach issues. I went because it has been impossible for me to get ACTUAL hands on help with some IBS symptoms I’ve been struggling with. Covid has really dealt a good blow to everyday health care. In any event, I’ve had a ton of tests since June, but the GI is still not seeing patients face to face. I have an appointment scheduled with a new GI in January, but in the meantime, my ER visit earned me more bloodwork and an upper abdominal ultrasound. The ultrasound said I have a suspected hemangioma. I was scheduled for a follow up MRI, but my insurance denied it. I know I could have pushed, but I’m just not into “searching” with these kinds of imaging tests because I’ve had so many over the years turn up incidental things that need further follow up and for someone like me with health anxiety...it’s a nightmare.

Anyway...I opted for a repeat ultrasound which I’m going to have this Wednesday. I guess, my question is..how accurate is an ultrasound for determining hemangiomas? I talked to my friend whose an ultrasound tech and she said they see them all the time and they are pretty determinable. She also said, they don’t even do follow up. Can someone set my mind at ease with this? I’m so afraid this thing is some kind of a metastatic lesion!!! I should mention, I’m a 44 year old female. In the gym all the time and fit. I’m otherwise in good health besides this IBS/gastritis issue (or hoping that’s all it is!!).

Any support is greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/DoctorRealistic2864
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/kl64v0/liver_hemangioma_ultrasound/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/