Skip to main content

Anyone from canada who has failed their 4th attempt on CAMRT exam? And how you move forward?

I'm an IEMRT and on the process of trying to pass my CAMRT exam. To those IEMRT we all know how hard their exam is and how expensive the exam costs are. Im on my 3rd try and It's frustrating to be in this position while trying to live, strive a career and be able to pass this exam in Canada. It's an exam harder than any type of exam I've ever had. I just wanna vent a little and unleash my frustration. I feel like they don't wanna give some people like me who came to canada a chance to be able to work here in canada as an immigrant. I understand that dedication, determination and studying harder is the key. I did my best but it's not enough to be able to pass the exam. In my opinion being able to pass the exam this hard doesn't make you the best xray tech. Being able to apply your learnings, trainings and being able to work in a hospital or in any areas of your field is the most important thing. I'm already planning if I failed this 4th attempt I had to switch career and find another career to be able to survive in canada. Thinking about it makes me depressed, sad. I don't wanna give up but this exam gives me frustration, dishearten my goals to be an X-ray tech and it affects my mental health. That I feel stupid and dumb for failing again. I feel like I fail at life. I feel like I'm not those people who pass are smart and be able to surpass this situation. I wish I can just switch countries but I've already lived 3 yrs of my life here and still striving.

As an IEMRT, I don't feel like we get the support we need from CAMRT. Yes they have given us the books that we need to study but it's not enough in terms of being able to adapt on their exam questions. (Angoff) To those who has took the exam knows the struggle. It's not the type of exam that you usually ask straightforward questions. It is very situational with tricky answers. As a person who never studied in Canadian way, it's hard. I never said that I shouldn't be in this field if I'm not willing to learn in Canadian way. Of course I am but we don't get that support (learnings). I think the only way to be able to learn these things is to be able to work and be trained in your work field in canada but you'll never learn it until you pass and from there you'll be able to work in hospitals/clinics.

submitted by /u/Substantial-Bid2033
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/uumn5t/anyone_from_canada_who_has_failed_their_4th/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/