Skip to main content

Potentially silly health-related question

Hey all!

I found this subreddit and I thought it might be the best place to ask a question.

Currently I'm in the process of applying to a CT/MRI technologist course and have been looking up all kinds of resources, opinions and experiences of others in the field. When speaking about the requirements of the job, one of the recurring points was being in good enough shape to lift and position patients who have difficulty doing so themselves.

Now since childhood, I've had scoliosis. I'm 29 now and 20+ years of that I've lived with this condition and it hasn't really impacted my daily life in a negative way thankfully. I haven't had to see a doctor because of it since high school. However, I do remember him warning me about certain physical exercises to avoid, and one of those was lifting heavy weights.

So as you could guess my question is of course this: is having scoliosis a significant enough factor to make me unfit for this field? Or if not, and let's say I do end up with this career, would the frequent positioning of patients pose a significant health risk for me in the long run?

This may be a dumb question, but I thank you in advance for any answer.

submitted by /u/TheManaStrudel
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/nlh934/potentially_silly_healthrelated_question/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/