Skip to main content

Practicing Radiography Abroad (???)

Hi there and good (insert time of day) I apologize if my questions happen to be stupid and unfitting of the sub but it seems like the appropriate place.

I am currently in college (US) as a pre-med this semester, beginning my Radiography program in the spring, and I believe it is a 22-month program. After course completion and AART/other relevant certifications I would very much enjoy visiting the EU for an extended amount of time, I'm looking at around a year or so, and I would enjoy it even more if I could somehow have a job at a hospital/clinic overseas and what extra qualifications or special permissions I would have to get.

I've spent hours looking into Italy, and many of the job postings happen to require "TSRM" which I believe is basically the Italian version of the AART, however, to be a part of it it seems I'd have to graduate from an Italian university for a radio tech program.

I've spent a smaller amount of hours looking into Spain, and I found basically no jobs listed for radiographers, I found some specifically for ultrasound 4d/5d and a lot of radiologists but I was very surprised to see the offers be so limited.

I looked a little into Switzerland, and it seems it is in high-ish demand but the specific website I visited failed to provide me with what qualifications were necessary.French websites had a bit more information but still not enough.

Ultimately, I'm hoping that someone either is from one of these countries and may know better than I do, or perhaps somebody else from the US might've been in a similar spot.

again I apologize if this wasn't the right place or if I'm looking for something too specific but I thank you for reading my failed research attempts.

submitted by /u/kuuiyneko
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/j144zx/practicing_radiography_abroad/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/