Skip to main content

Career possibilities?

I've been a rad tech for just about 5 years now. Six months ago I transferred within my health system from a small hospital that I enjoyed to a clinic for a supervisor position. I wasn't too fond of my new job before all of this caronavirus stuff (basically I'm not a huge fan of the site and don't feel as though I fit in with the staff) but now I've come to really dislike my job. Part of it is the added stress that was expected, and I'm not saying I can't handle my new position. I just don't enjoy it like I thought I would. Plus my department is at an uneasy time right now because a new radiology group is supposed to take over which could mean a new employer. As many techs know it's hard to land a full-time position as just an x-ray tech because of lack of positions and many places requiring multimodalities (I'vee never been interested in other modalities and like working in just x-ray). I'm starting to think that maybe some sort of career change would be better if no other tech positions pop up. I'm a B.S.RT(R) and was hoping for some suggestions on what else I could do with that? I live in SE Wisconsin but might be open to moving. I've considered working for Epic but I've heard very mixed reviews of what it's like to be an employee.

submitted by /u/RadPineapple27
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/grr87l/career_possibilities/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/