Skip to main content

Radiographic Tech or BSN? Got accepted to both programs.

I’ve been lurking this sub for a bit, r/nursing too, since I’ve been trying to decide on a career path. Well, I applied to a BSN program and a Rad Tech program at two different well-known universities and got accepted to BOTH. Now I need to decide which one to pursue.

Both programs are 5 semesters, obviously radiography is an associates, BSN is bachelors. I would likely choose an imaging modality and get a bachelors with an additional 2-4 semesters. I’ll be in my early 40s when I complete the program, so I don’t plan on going above a bachelor’s anyway.

I have kids, teenagers to kindergarten and in between, I wont have to work during the program, and clinicals for both programs would be at a rural hospital. I do not have prior healthcare/medical experience, but I’ve always wanted to have successful career in the field!

I can see myself doing either program and I know they are completely different from one another. I tend to lean a bit more toward radiography, since you see patients for a shorter amount of time. Nursing pay really pulls me towards nursing, but I’m not sure if I’d like bedside?

Does anyone have any stories, experiences, advice, or opinions (helpful opinions preferably) that might help me decide? Feel free to chime in! Thanks in advance!

I posted this on r/nursing too. Sorry for the duplicates, it’d just be nice to hear both sides.

submitted by /u/magstrak
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/12p47n8/radiographic_tech_or_bsn_got_accepted_to_both/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/