Skip to main content

How much does the reputation of your residency impact the job hunt?

Currently applying DR and I'm very conflicted on how my rank list should be.

Almost all of my interviews have been at academic programs. I hate describing them by tiers since it's so subjective, but I believe 1 program is considered a top 10, 2 others are in the top 20, and then the rest are solidly in the middle.

That said, I have one community program that I loved. Includes a great transitional year (minimal moving for my family), large medical center so they see comparable pathology/volume to academic centers, and I just generally felt a better vibe with the residents/PD - it was a lot more laidback, which much better suits my personality.

My question is, how much does going to a good community program over a much more known/highly reputable program (eg. duke, pitt, mayo, etc.) impact your eventual job hunt? My ideal job would probably be in PP, but I'd like to be in a major city for the sake of my family and I'm not sure how much having a name brand behind my training would elevate me or not. I also enjoy teaching and could see myself doing one of these hybrid PP/academic jobs in the future as well.

One radiologist I spoke to said the last place you train at is the one that matters the most, and this community program does match their residents at solid fellowships. Do you agree/disagree with that? Thanks

submitted by /u/notasuperflywhiteguy
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/rl1saz/how_much_does_the_reputation_of_your_residency/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/