Skip to main content

Cath Lab/ IR Crew Question..

Hey guys…

My question for you is when did you know it was your time to move on to another department/specialty? What made it click or did something happen to make you decide it was fine to try something new?

I’ve worked in a Cath lab for over 2 years that also does basic IR procedures. It’s a small lab, small crew, and overall a smaller hospital linked to a larger health system. We have had a mass exodus of staff where I lost some of the best co workers and team members I would want to save my life. Every call team has been annihilated and we’re a skeleton crew of 6/15 people of 2+ years experience. I’ve started questioning my lack of trust for my team, and today we had a procedure that went completely south. Patient is alive but it truly showed how unsafe and unprepared the new crew are. I didn’t want to ask for their help because I couldn’t trust them.

I’ve gone to management about multiple patient safety issues, blatant disregard for the patient and procedures as well as the fact that no one feels safe and can trust the crew as a whole. I fear that I’m starting to check out but I’ve never had the experience of a mass exodus as I came from a large radiology dept. I fear for every STEMI that comes my way because of this.

I’m also starting to become bored of the basic procedures and have become interested in doing more but would require a job change since our lab isn’t capable. I am okay with this but would also put a lot of people in a bad position if I leave. Is this normal with large turn overs? Or am I just so far gone that I am at the point where it’s time to look for a new job… has any of this happened in your labs?

Side note: The new crew has experience in critical care, started call, and has been exposed to multiple situations. They’ve been spoken to by the medical director and have laughed it off.

submitted by /u/ijustneedworkadvice
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/rlxo7j/cath_lab_ir_crew_question/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/