Skip to main content

Handsfree dictation (+ phone) options

I am in search of the ultimate handsfree dictation solution. I work across many different PACS, speech recognition software, sites, etc. so portability and compatibility are important. I also unfortunately have to take a lot of pages during my call shifts, so an option that also allows me to talk on my cell (and listen to music!) seamlessly would be great.

Right now I am using my Sony WH-1000XM3 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones and they're actually pretty good. Realizing I can just use regular Bluetooth headphones to dictate was pretty lifechanging. The speech recognition quality is not quite as good as my wired SpeechMike, though. Enough to make me look for something better. Also, these version of the headphones don't support fast swapping between devices, so I can't answer a call while they are connected to my computer. (The newer version do support this).

The Philips SpeechOne seems to generally be viewed as "the best" headset dictation option, and I am tempted to buy, but it's $700 (in Canada). I don't mind paying that much for something I will use almost every day for many years, but only if it's actually better than other options. I'd be especially interested in hearing from someone who has experience with this headset.

My current plan is to buy the SpeechOne and wear my wireless earbuds connected to my cell underneath, so I could listen to music, answer calls, and dictate all handsfree without "swapping devices". It won't be stylish but it's the best plan I've come up with so far.

Can anyone else share their setup?

submitted by /u/user8181416
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/rqb4u4/handsfree_dictation_phone_options/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/