Skip to main content

Coming to the professionals for rescue! I'm trying to remember the name of a set of reference materials for age studies from a past life

Hi there RADdit! (that has to have been used before) I am a high school forensics teacher coming to y'all for some help. In a past career I was a (please don't hurt me) support staff for a teleradiology company. My students are currently learning about differences in bone structures and how forensic pathologists use observations to give estimates on the age of victims from bone studies.

I know there was some reference material/textbook regarding age studies that I saw used a lot. I remember the cover of it from seeing it in the office. I nearly remember the author's name from seeing it referenced in the dictations all the time. So many radiographs of hands, it's like it's right in front of me. For the love of all things good, somebody please complete the thought in my head and help me remember who/what I'm thinking of. Google doesn't understand me.

I don't know if what I'm thinking of is THE book, but I know all of our radiologists referenced it when doing age studies so I have to assume it is well known within the community? Maybe?

Any help is appreciated! And if you're a technologist that has ever had to deal with a company called FRG, I apologize for calling you all the time to push to our DICOM. Y'all are underappreciated!

submitted by /u/nx3_cm4
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/n001t9/coming_to_the_professionals_for_rescue_im_trying/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/