Skip to main content

Ultrasound tech vs. Rad tech

A little background: I'm a recent grad with a B.S. in Kinesiology, located in SoCal. I originally wanted to pursue a career in veterinary technology specializing in canine rehabilitation, but the crappy pay + load of debt put me off. So now I'm looking into other healthcare jobs that don't include nursing, PA, MD ,etc. I'd prefer not to go back to school for more than 2-3 years and rad tech/ultrasound tech both seemed like great options.

From what I've read so far, ultrasound technician sounds more my speed as it is less patient-oriented. I can be a people person, but there are times when I just don't have the energy, and rad tech seems like bedside manner is a big part of the job (hence why I originally wanted to work with animals LOL).

Now because of COVID, I doubt I'll be able to intern/shadow anywhere at the moment, so I won't be able to get any in-person experience. Still, I'd like to gain any insight in the meantime while I research career options so any personal anecdotes, tips or advice would be awesome! Thanks in advance :)

submitted by /u/pm_me_ur_dogs_pls___
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/ig3pu5/ultrasound_tech_vs_rad_tech/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/