Skip to main content

Question about starting a rad tech program after finishing a master’s degree. Any insight would be very appreciated!

Thank you to anyone that reads and can offer any help!

I recently graduated with my master’s of social work. Without getting into too much detail, I am beginning to feel that this is not the field for me due to personal issues with my mental health and burnout. I’m open to exploring the field more, however, I am at a place mentally where I would rather have a job that is less focused on mental health and social issues. The pay versus the work is often abysmal (yes, I knew this going into it but at the time was more optimistic). I can expect to make at best $65k which is great but the workload is not what I want to take on. I do not want to work in a job at the detriment of my own mental health and well-being. I currently make around $45k (gross) which is comfortable to start.

I am curious about the field of radiology and and curious about the experiences of those that work in the field. I want to add that I am not considering this because I perceive it as “easier,” but because working in mental health/social work may not have been the right choice for me given my own experiences. My goal is to make at least what I am earning now or more, but I am realistic about income. Ideal for me would be $55-$60k. I am located in a medium-large city in the Midwest.

Thank you so much for any help!!! I want to seriously consider this before an additional two years of school.

submitted by /u/bbymaggot
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/11vw3ir/question_about_starting_a_rad_tech_program_after/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/