Skip to main content

Pain management & PM c-arm control

Hi guys! Does anyone here work in a pain management clinic running a c-arm? Is that the only form of radiography there?

I'm working outpatient ortho, though right now running our urgent care clinic (where I do EVERYTHING except lab work and I am just exhausted). I have an opportunity to join a pain management clinic but I'm not sure what to expect. I have performed steroid injections/nerve blocks using c-arm before, however this was back when I was still in school about 5 years ago (which was also about the last time I used a c-arm, basically) - I remember the procedure being rather easy and the general atmosphere a lot more chill than OR procedures.

If you could give me a good rundown of your job expectations and general daily life in the PM clinic? What's the variety of procedures to expect? How difficult do you think my transition would be? I can handle stress but I cannot handle the kind of toxic attitude usually present in hospital ORs, so part of me is terrified to go.

submitted by /u/reijn
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/oba2fu/pain_management_pm_carm_control/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/