Skip to main content

OR “training”

Brand spankin’ new tech here, graduated May 19th, passed my boards on June 7th, and started at a large local hospital on June 8th. In my clinical program we didn’t get much experience in the OR at all. Enough to get our competency on two exams but that was it, just a two week rotation. Therefore, I’m not familiar with every single fluoro or OR case and what is done during it. These few weeks before I start my regular shift I’m supposed to be “training” in the OR with the lead OR tech. My “training” has consisted of me seeing a cysto once and getting sent to do it, getting sent to do an ERCP having never seen it done, a spine case after seeing about 5 minutes of one, and getting sent to do a bronch today having never seen it. Is this normal OR “training”? I don’t mind being asked to do it after I’ve at least seen it once and know what to expect and what’s being done, but having never seen it is what’s getting me.

So that brings me to this question. Is there a resource out there where I can see every type of fluoro/OR exam so I know what to expect? Seeing as how I can’t expect him to show me? I don’t know what else to do. I’m trying to prepare myself since they won’t. Direction? advice? ideas? because I’m at a loss and I want to be able to do all roles of my job efficiently but I can’t do that if I’m not prepared or trained properly.

submitted by /u/LaurenCz30
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/o55tio/or_training/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/