Skip to main content

In general what are my odds of getting into an associates or bachelors rad tech program?

First and foremost I know it mostly depends on the school I apply to, but I would like to get a general idea of how possible getting into a Fall 2021 associates or bachelors program would be for me.

I decided to get into radiology because helping others is very fulfilling to me, I want to specialize and gain expertise in in a patient care field, and I feel like my previous experience with cartography and imagery analysis could translate to radiology.

I’m a second degree seeking student, having originally obtained a Bachelors of Science in Geographic Information Systems 6 years ago.

Most of my professional time has actually been spent in healthcare IT, where I was an EMR trainer and analyst. I’d also provide on the floor elbow support for EMR issues.

I don’t have any direct patient care experience yet. However I do have my BLS and an EKG certification, so I’m sure I can find some sort of part time patient care related job.

I would say I’m a B-average student.

I have around 24 hours of shadowing so far.

I have a good amount of providers than granted me permission to use them as references.

I’m not sure what else to include at the moment and am currently working on my application essay.

Any sort of advice, critique, or any sort of input would help quell my anxiety about getting in!

submitted by /u/UncleBloobs
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/jlrs8f/in_general_what_are_my_odds_of_getting_into_an/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/