Skip to main content

Career guidance - "It's easier to transition from tech to tech in training"

I’d like to work at my local hospital’s MRI department.

I’m currently an RT student in my senior year. I also work as a tech aide at this very same hospital, and have a good relationship with the MRI lead. They’ve said they want to train me to work in MRI. Unfortunately there is currently a hiring freeze and no MRI positions available at this time.

There is, however, an opening in x-ray. And the lead of our x-ray department has also asked me if I’d like to work there.

I’m considering joining the x-ray team and waiting for an opening in MRI. One tech told me it would be “easier for me to make the transition from x-ray tech to MRI tech trainee” (rather than someone off the street to MRI trainee) when/if the opportunity arises.

I’m not thrilled with the idea of joining the x-ray team with ulterior motives. And another fear is that our Administrative Director will be thinking “Sirdavethe2nd can’t transition to MRI, because x-ray is shortstaffed.”

At the same time, I’m 3 months until graduation and thinking it’s time to seriously start thinking about where to land. What do you think of the “easier for me to make the transition from x-ray tech to MRI tech” line I’ve been told?

submitted by /u/sirdavethe2nd
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/11cga6c/career_guidance_its_easier_to_transition_from/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/