Skip to main content

Thinking I may have made a mistake…

A few months ago I left my job at a level twtrauma pediatric hospital.

I loved the job, my coworkers were awesome, hospital was new, equipment was top of the line, learned a huge variety of skills (fluoro, surgery,traumas, etc) I was really good at my job and felt I really made a difference. I was able to challenge myself constantly. However, my manager sucked, the pay really sucked, call rotation sucked, no chance for advancement, 5days a week, 2-3 weekend days a month, busted my butt working.

Now I work at a hospital mostly doing abdomens and chests (90% of the work). The pay is significantly better, significantly lighter workload, better manager, 4/days during the weekdays, most of my coworkers are alright, one call weekend every 4-6weeks, I’m training in mammo now which is a big reason I left (I wanted to advance my career and learn another modality). This is the job people in my area fight for because it’s a great company.

Sounds great right?! Except I don’t feel that fulfillment like I use to. I’ve been thinking about going back to peds but feel like this is an awesome job and I’ll get the feeling of “making a difference” soon as I learn mammo. I’m hoping anyways.

Anyone have any opinions or advice I would greatly appreciate hearing it.

submitted by /u/_yellowismycolor
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/118o5lr/thinking_i_may_have_made_a_mistake/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/