Skip to main content

Foot X-rays, told “normal” by urgent care doctor and radiologist

Foot X-rays, told “normal” by urgent care doctor and radiologist

back story, zero foot pain ever in past- was at beach last weekend and Friday I had to sprint barefoot on the dry sand to catch my toddler from running into the ocean without her floaties, I face planted in the process but got right back up sprinting till I had her in my arms- nothing hurt until I had her in my arms and ever since then I feel bad pain on my left foot when weight is on it, feels like the top of the foot but maybe radiating underneath too or is pain underneath too hard to tell. Without shoes on I cannot walk normal, have to turn my foot to the side outwards completely horizontal to make a step, with tennis shoes on I can walk with it straight but it hurts with every single step, and it hurts to flex my toes back all the way and really hurts when I attempt to put pressure like you would to stand on your toes. I was a competitive gymnast and I know aches and soreness and I am convinced something is wrong cause it does not feel right anymore. Also idk if it’s important but when I’m sitting or laying basically whenever I don’t have it weight bearing there is no issue, also over the past almost week the pain hasn’t gotten any better at all, maybe even worse but it’s hard to tell since it hurts with every step.

Any body out there see anything the doctor and radiologist missed or are they probably right and it’s just a sprain? It’s just odd to me it hasn’t improved at all- if it’s just a sprain. You’d think something better would be semi noticeable. The doctor was in my room for twenty seconds (no exaggeration) and I had my shoe and sock off ready for her to look at and test mobility or whatever, she literally didn’t care a word I said or even look at my foot, she never touched my foot, and said it’s probably a sprain we’ll take some x rays but the radiologist is gone for the day and will have to look tomorrow and call you with results (which is today) I received no call and had to call at 430 today to get results that I think the radiologist must’ve went and looked while I was on hold. Nothing abnormal. No one even listened to me or touched my foot. She said “I have pain all the time in my feet, cause I have plantar fasciitis, it’s probably just something like that” but to me no- cause this was after a fall- and I had no prior feet issues.

submitted by /u/SubstanceNo7582
[link] [comments]


source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/xlfe98/foot_xrays_told_normal_by_urgent_care_doctor_and/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/