Skip to main content

38 y/o, Pathological fracture caused by Fibrous Dysplasia of the R Humerus with Aneursymal Bone Cyst.

38 y/o, Pathological fracture caused by Fibrous Dysplasia of the R Humerus with Aneursymal Bone Cyst.

The month of my twentieth year in the military, I reached into my car to grab a 20 lbs box of kitty litter. I heard a loud pop, and immediately felt the worst pain of my life. Later I was told that I had sustained a pathological fracture from my genetic condition known as fibrous dysplasia. I spent many years in the medical field and had no idea what fibrous dysplasia was. So I suppose it was my distinct honor to have been diagnosed with it. The unique l factor with my case is that I managed to make it so long without developing symptoms or it being discovered.

Surgeons could not use a bone graft to fill the ABC, due to the fibrous dysplasia so I am permanently unable to lift more than 20 lbs on my right arm. It’s disappointing but I understand that having full range of motion and limited pain is a blessing so I can’t complain. Posting for those who are interested in what the lesions in an adult humerus with fibrous dysplasia looks like

submitted by /u/Longjumping-B
[link] [comments]


source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/zpmqw0/38_yo_pathological_fracture_caused_by_fibrous/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/