Skip to main content

Should I continue radiology?

Hello people.

I’m 27 yr old and I’m taking my prerequisites classes now so that I can apply for radiology in the fall. My gpa right now is 2.7 and honestly I’m not really great at memorizing but I try my best. Biology and anatomy seems a little bit difficult but again, I’m trying. I was just wondering, when you go to radiology program. Is it difficult? Is there tons of anatomy stuff I have to remember? Are there too much too to learn? Can an average intelligence person (sorry, idk how to explain that, I’m not stupid but not that book smart either) be able to finish and get a license in radiology? My program is 90 credits so that’ll take me 2 years if I quit my job and focus full time basically. After 2 years, do I have to go to a residency or I can start applying for jobs? I live in nyc btw I’m wondering if anyone knows what the job market for that is. I’m going for radiology x-ray techn btw. Thank you! Anything else you can point out that I missed would be a great help!

submitted by /u/IdriveUber1
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/lmdjf6/should_i_continue_radiology/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/