Skip to main content

Brain MR Angio + Brain Venogram – limitations compared to CT Angio?

I would REALLY appreciate any help I can get. I will be doing a Brain MR Angio and a Brain Venogram at a private clinic in about a week's time. Originally, my neurologist suggested for me to do a CT Angiogram via the public healthcare system, but I decided to request MRA/MRV instead because 1) the CT Angiogram won't be for a few weeks and 2) I've already had a number of noncontrast CTs on my brain, two in 2010 and one just a week ago, and am not comfortable with doing another one at this time. When I asked him why a CT Angiogram and not an MRI, he just said that the resolution is higher for CT.

The medical events that precipitated this chase for imaging is the following: in the long term, I have had chronic vascular headaches (10+ years) that cannot be described as migraines—and these have recently worsened. Also, literally overnight, about 10 days ago, following a very stressful situation, I experienced a sudden and sustained elevation in blood pressure and resting heart rate (from a regular 80/50 mm Hg and around 60 bmp, which I've had for all my life, to 120/85 mm Hg to 90 bpm).

Is there anything serious or important that might be missed by opting for MRA/MRV over CT Angiogram? In other words, for my situation, will the two types of tests be comparable in what they are able to diagnose? I really want to avoid CT as much as possible. Thank you so much.

submitted by /u/30yearoldchild
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/i0sw5v/brain_mr_angio_brain_venogram_limitations/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/