Skip to main content

Torn Between Potential Careers.

I am torn between a few health care careers. I am currently in my second year of college and aiming to get a Bachelor's degree in communication science disorders. Unfortunately, only two schools in my state offer this degree as an undergrad and I need to be doing it all online only one school in my state offers online and it's UF, so hard to get into. Then, I started noticing how a lot of AS programs in the health field make around the same if not more than SLPs. I guess I'm looking more for something I'd enjoy doing and could finish in 2-3 years rather than 6 years (SLP).

I thought about nursing but because of COVID, I decided this is not the right field. So I am torn between RT, SLP, sonography, radiation therapy, and nuclear medicine technology. Do you think I should just go for SLP or not? Why did you pick radiology and so you get treated better than nurses? What specialties are in this field? is this a growing field? is it easy to find work? how is the pay? I was thinking of becoming n MRI tech is this a good choice?

submitted by /u/Existing-Cherry4948
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/x2yjqv/torn_between_potential_careers/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/