Skip to main content

Why do hospital financial advisors want you to pay BEFORE treatment?

I'm scheduling myself a direct shoulder arthrogram and MRI at a hospital. I opted for the more expensive hospital because I felt more comfortable with their doctor than an MRI clinic.

I have shitty high deductible insurance, so I'm essentially paying this alone. I call the financial advisor, who initially quoted a price of $964 which I knew was very low. I had to fight for a week to get them to double check, then she calls back and said "Oh LOL it's actually $3559.26". First red flag - incompetence. Regardless, I was shocked at how high this was for a one joint MRI with contrast. She then offers me a 20% discount - of course I accepted. Then I realize from her talking that the discount only applies if I pay TODAY, NOW (one week before my procedure). She'd 'grace' me with a 20% discount to $2847.41.

First, why do financial advisors push this? Is this normal? What benefit could it possibly give them for me to pay one week prior to my procedure as opposed to paying directly after my procedure?

Second, does $2847.41 for a shoulder arthrogram and MRI seem insane to you for a hospital, or in the normal range?

submitted by /u/SteveJobsIdiotCousin
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/pqrftk/why_do_hospital_financial_advisors_want_you_to/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/