Skip to main content

Hanging Protocol/Flipping Images

I got called out for mismarking on a PA tunnel view of the knees today (spoiler, I wasn’t wrong). Here’s the story: I’m temporarily covering at an ortho clinic. I’ve always submitted my images anatomically correct (as I thought was universal protocol?), I was even trained in a major university orthopedic hospital, so it’s not my first time in this specialty. At that hospital, the tunnel views automatically flipped after shooting because of the algorithm, just like with a PA chest. So since I’ve been here, I place my marker in PA orientation, then flip the image so everything looks pretty and AP.

Enter the ortho doc. He told me to fix a mismark on the tunnel (the patient heard this) I went back to review the image and it was correct. I went into the room to explain to him my process and asked if he’d like me to change my behavior. He just kinda brushed me off and in a stern tone/irritated look said, “well if you’re gonna do that, you have to tell us.” In my head I’m like “hello, the fucking ‘R’ marker right there is telling you what side it is lol” but I just nodded and agreed.

Am I the asshole here? No one explained this to me in my 4 hours of training to take over for a tech on vacation. Joke’s on the doc though bc I must’ve shot like 50 tunnel views this week and I do it the same way every time 😂

submitted by /u/TheMadHatter1830
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/pytxsj/hanging_protocolflipping_images/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/