Skip to main content

Rad tech student here. Having some issues with my clinical instructor.

Im a rad tech student and I’m currently in clinical II.

My clinical instructor and I seem to clash a bit. She is just not very encouraging and doesn’t give me a sense of confidence. I know that this is my responsibility but she’s just not the most positive with me. In a nutshell, I really hate being around her. It’s a terrible, uncomfortable feeling.

Because of this, I have a serious problem when I’m doing an exam on a patient with her. I get so completely nervous, anxious, overwhelmed and flustered that I completely just forget everything. Like, all my knowledge just goes out the window and I come off as completely inept and downright stupid. I know she’s lost all patience with me.

However, when I’m with other techs, I feel great, I love the challenge, I love to get in there and try to complete everything with grace and knowledge. I truly enjoy it.

My issue is that my clinical instructor clearly only sees me in this terrible state of panic and anxiety so I’m afraid she thinks I’m lacking or doing really poorly. I’m certainly not perfect but when I’m with other techs, I’m confident to comp, confident to complete exams and do relatively well.

I know that she’s going to confront me soon and ask about my performance. Is there a way I can respectfully and gracefully say that she alone is the one that’s causing me to he so nervous and panic-ridden? It’s a serious problem and I’d like to handle it with care.

submitted by /u/nmc9279
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/opgydd/rad_tech_student_here_having_some_issues_with_my/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/