Skip to main content

Difficulty with pressure of having someone watch over you as a student.

Hello All,

I am a 2nd year Rad Tech student currently doing my second clinical rotation at a outpatient diagnostic center. My first rotation was in a hospital and I had much less that I was allowed to comped level however,I did not struggle as much. At this new site there are 3 different machines here all with different ways to operate and pull up the patient. I have a hard time whenever I catch a snag I really start to snowball and make mistakes. On my first day here I shot a PA chest at 40” getting confused with my mobile AP minimum distance and also shot an X-ray with the door open (which shouldn’t of even been allowed to happen) and the Techs were wary of letting me do things by my self that I have already comped.(Rightfully so) Most of the techs have loosened up expect one she will not let me do anything in the room without questioning my every move. I really have a hard time focusing and keeping on track with someone chirping at me and asking me questions the entire time. Most of the techs will make a adjustment if I’m off and ask what was my centering was when I miss and move on but one really likes to drive home if Im confused by something. Sometimes I feel like she is getting me flustered on purpose and making things confusing just to make it harder on students. I really love X-Ray but navigating the clinical experience has been the most trying part thus far. I do well on my written test and I know my distances and centering fairly well but I just melt down with judgmental eyes watching. I really hate doing any exams in front of the one tech because she makes me feel so panicked. It’s like she looking to have gotcha moments every time she’s working with me and it can be so exhausting. Some of my go to mistakes when I’m nervous is the distance double check lining up my Bucky and remembering to flip my IR cause my first site was 17x17 then collimate this one I have to change my IR from landscape to portrait for chest and I’ve forgotten that a few times.

submitted by /u/ImRonBugundy03
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/vofps6/difficulty_with_pressure_of_having_someone_watch/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AI for radiology - A survey

Hello folks! We are a group of students from Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University (Sweden). We are conducting a short survey (it should not take more than 10 minutes of your time) to evaluate an Artificial Intelligence framework for evaluating medical imaging and, in particular, the effect that explainability can have on clinicians' attitudes toward it. We welcome anyone who interacts with medical imaging to take our survey, so please, feel free to do it even if you are still a student or an intern! If you know someone who works in the field, please, pass them the survey. It would help us greatly. https://bit.ly/RTEX_survey Thanks in advance to all of you! submitted by /u/francozzz [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/r2ratp/ai_for_radiology_a_survey/

Fibrous Dysplasia of the Skull

submitted by /u/ctisus [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/111ej8m/fibrous_dysplasia_of_the_skull/

Multigated acquisition (MUGA) - Procedure in which patient’s RBCs are radiolabeled and gated cardiac scintigraphy is obtained.

submitted by /u/Ok_Combination_889 [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/Radiology/comments/z83wm1/multigated_acquisition_muga_procedure_in_which/